Monday, August 25, 2014

RPGaDay 25 "Game no one wants to play"

My current group is fairly new to me (And for some, new to gaming as well) so I can't really say what they do and don't want to play. I'm pretty sure that out of all of us though I have the largest collection of games and they have only seen a few of those as options.

So with all that in mind I'm going to list some games that haven't gotten a fair share of play, yet.

At the top of the list is Brad Murray's Hollowpoint


I'm currently using Brads "Diaspora" FATE rules to accentuate my ongoing FATE based Eclipse Phase/Cyberpunk game and after reading Hollowpoint I think it'd be a great ride.

On a similar note:


I'd like to play this someday, but honestly the system is terrible, so I'll stick to the aforementioned Hollowpoint.


Jason Blair's Wyrd Is Bond


One of those games that has sadly sat on my shelf for years. I even did a small hack for it at one point where I replaced the "Gang Culture" mages into "Industrial Culture" mages. Genesis P Orridge and Ogre as your spiritual masters anyone?

I'd like a chance to play 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars, especially for quick one shots



A little less indie but still fun looking would be Cosmic Patrol from Catalyst games.


Burning Empires (Burning Wheel)


Mouse Guard (Also Burning Wheel)


Last but not least is Magpie Games and Our Last Best Hope


No comments: