Saturday, August 30, 2014

RPGaDay 30 "Most Rare Game"

I hadn't been in Austin all that long, moving here in '99. My soon to be wife and I took a trip to the mall, can't remember why but we needed to get something from there. Clothes I assume, but my memory sucks.

Tucked away in a corner of the mall was a little gaming shop I didn't know was there, this was my first time in after all, wish i could remember the name of it. I made a quick in to take a look around didn't see anything I was overly interested in and left. We did our shopping and went to leave, passing by the shop again.

I glanced in again to see the game stores sole worker putting a game on the shelf that I had only heard about from online conversations. It was spoken of as a rarity that only went out to a few shops.


I walked in with my girl in tow and picked it up, walked a bit while looking at it. What I'm about to say may be regarded as heresy among my friends but I never really got into Dune as a series of books. The movie rocked my world though and I wanted to emulate that.

I put it down eventually because I was broke and didn't have the money to spend on it. I ended up with it though because my girlfriend was awesome and she saw how much I wanted it. Sometimes I consider selling it because I know I can make a bit of cash off it, but really? I keep it around because I love my wife and she bought this for me.

Not sure of the rarity of this item, but I only know less than a handful of people with it, but I have this.


One of those "Totally unplayable" games like Human Occupied Landfill.

and of course my Kult 2nd edition rulebook is a hard find too...


So is an unbroken copy of SLA Industries 1st edition.


No comments: